Tuesday 5 March 2013

HERO
Cake decoration ingredients:
  • Butter icing- gentle 'I talked to no man at that hour, my lord'
  • melted chocolate- vulnerable/delicate [Hero falls]
  • loving- love heart sweets
  • lack of backbone- hundreds and thousands 'my heart is exceeding heavy'
  • icing sugar- sweet nature 'I'll devise some honest slanders'
  • chocolate buttons- innocent 'I will do any modest office, my lord, to help my cousin to a good husband'

I have chosen butter icing to reflect Hero's gentle nature. The texture is smooth and it melts right away when eaten thus making it gentle on the tastebuds. Her gentle nature is reflected by her calm and gentle reaction to Claudio's slanders she states 'I talked to no man at that hour, my lord'. She remains respectful and is not angry by the lies. I have chosen melted chocolate to represent Hero's vulnerable/delicate side, which is portrayed in the stage directions [Hero Falls]. Chocolate is vulnerable to heat and loses its solidity therefore showing this. Hundreds and thousands will be Hero's lack of backbone. This is due to the fact they fall everywhere and have no stick ability. This is shown in the quote 'my heart exceeding heavy'. Hero's sweet nature is represented with icing sugar. This is because it is extremely fine and sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment